Conor Gallagher ‘would be great for Liverpool’ as talkSPORT told on-loan Chelsea star would be a perfect long-term replacement for Jordan Henderson
Conor Gallagher’s stock continues to rise and Charlie Austin believes he would be an excellent long-term option for when Jordan Henderson leaves Liverpool.
The Chelsea academy product, on-loan at Crystal Palace has enjoyed an incredible campaign so far.
With eight goals and three assists in 29 Premier League games so far, the 22-year-old has played a huge part in the Eagles’ success this season.
He also helped Palace reach the FA Cup semi-final, but unfortunately was not be able to play against the Blues due to them being his parent club.
An England call up, and a debut in a 2-1 victory over Switzerland, have also gone the way of the youngster who is continuing to impress under Patrick Vieira.
Gallagher will have eyes on more first-team football next season when his time with the Eagles ends, whether that is at Chelsea or another club.
Speaking on talkSPORT Drive, Queens Park Rangers striker and Liverpool fan Austin spoke about the midfielder and reckons he would be an excellent long-term replacement for Henderson at Anfield.
“I think for any football team would love to have Conor Gallagher,” the 32-year-old said.
“He’s so energetic, you look at him the way he plays, I think a lot of football fans see him play and would think ‘I would like him to be at my club’.
“I say yes,” Austin added when asked by host Andy Goldstein if he would want him at Anfield.
“I said he would be, not a replacement, not saying this for Jordan Henderson.
“But when Jordan moves on, or retires, or comes into a new football role, he [Gallagher] would be great for Liverpool.”
Austin, though, believes Gallagher will be looking to make the most of any chance he gets back at Chelsea next season with the 2022 World Cup on the horizon.
He added: “Him coming to Chelsea, I think it’s a perfect opportunity for him. As players, when an opportunity comes, you’ve got to take them and this one, I think Conor Gallagher will be looking at, as well as his representatives. Whether they are thinking what we can do next year.
“I think he will be looking at it and thinking, ‘I’m going to try my best and give everything at Chelsea’.”
Asked if he though Gallagher would make Gareth Southgate’s England squad for the 2022 World Cup with that decision, Austin replied: “If he stays at Chelsea, yes.”
And asked the same question if he were to return to Crystal Palace, Austin added hesitantly: “I’m not sure.”
Betting Offer Of The Day
Get 5/1 Liverpool to win or 100/1 Villarreal (£5 max bet)* – CLAIM HERE
Deposit min £/$/€10 using promo code 888ODDS • Bet up to £/$/€5 on your selection at normal odds in the regular market • If your selection wins, we’ll pay you out at the normal price and any extra winnings from the advertised enhanced price will be paid to you in Free Bets • Free Bets are granted within 72 hours and expire after 7 days • Free Bet stakes are not included in returns • Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time • Restrictions apply to withdrawals, payment methods and countries & Full T&C’s apply 18+ begambleaware.org
April 27, 2022 at 01:38PM Premier League Football Fixtures and Results - talkSPORT https://ift.tt/FWDgLV6



Comments
Post a Comment