Cristiano Ronaldo ‘still capable’ of leading scoring charts for Manchester United with Erik ten Hag saying ‘it’s up to him’

https://ift.tt/ih9HaRE

Erik ten Hag believes that Cristiano Ronaldo is capable of reaching the same standards that he set for himself at Manchester United last term.

The 37-year-old has endured a difficult season so far after finding himself falling down the pecking order at Old Trafford following a series of high-profile fallouts with the head coach.

Ronaldo has been backed to recreate his goal tally from last term

getty

Ronaldo has been backed to recreate his goal tally from last term

The forward has endured a frustrating season after falling out of favour under Ten Hag

The forward has endured a frustrating season after falling out of favour under Ten Hag

As a result, Ronaldo has been limited to just three goals in 13 appearances this season, largely due to starting just seven matches in all competitions.

Given that the forward bagged 24 goals last term, it’s clear that Ronaldo is struggling to replicate last season’s form, but when asked if the striker can achieve those numbers again, the Man United head coach gave an optimistic response.

“It’s up to him,” said Ten Hag.

“But I think when you collect all the chances he creates, the team creates for him in the last weeks, you see he’s still capable to get in the right positions and I know he’s still capable of finishing them so it’s possible.”

Asked whether he’s using United’s Europa League fixtures to keep Ronaldo happy, Ten Hag said: “I don’t have a Europe team and I don’t have a Premier League team.

“I look to the opponent, what we need against such opponent. Now I have to focus on West Ham United for Sunday.

Ten Hag believes that Ronaldo is fully capable of equaling his tally of 24 goals though

Getty

Ten Hag believes that Ronaldo is fully capable of equaling his tally of 24 goals though

“Then we will pick the team to start but also to have plan B or plan C in the pocket to win that game.

“That’s what we need finally, to win games, and therefore we not only need 11 players, we need the whole squad.”

Adblock test (Why?)



October 28, 2022 at 11:03PM Premier League Table, Fixtures, News, Results, Opinion - talkSPORT https://ift.tt/rxmp35o

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘I have energy’ – Fans fear Pep Guardiola will follow Jurgen Klopp but recent comments suggest otherwise

Liverpool 1-1 Leicester City: Reds fail to go seven points clear of Manchester City with lacklustre draw